Amazon Returns & Amazon Returns Policy
Try our shipping calculator
Amazon Returns are easy. You can print off a shipping label from your Amazon account, prepare the package to ensure it is transported safely, attach the label securely to the outside of the box and ship it! Always check the Amazon Returns Policy in full before returning an item, as it is subject to change.
Please note - Parcel Monkey cannot return international Amazon returns due to issues with Customs Duty.
Amazon Returns Policy
You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. During the holidays, items shipped by Amazon between November 1st and December 31st can be returned until January 31st.
Items being returned to Amazon should be done so with the original packaging and any labels still attached to the goods.
It usually takes a maximum of about 2-3 weeks for Amazon to issue a refund once your item has been processed at the Returns Center, but the majority refunds are fully issued in 3-5 days after they receive your return.
How to return a package to Amazon
- Go to orders > Return or Replace Items
- To send your item back you will need to print the returns label and attach to the box
- Follow the simple returns process and let Amazon know the details of why the item is being returned
- Amazon will indicate the date the item needs to be shipped back to them so you might need to use an expedited courier.
- You can check the status of the return if you use an Amazon Returns label and follow the package until delivered, or book a tracked courier and keep hold of the tracking number.
Which service is best to return a package to Amazon?
Amazon advises a number of ways to return your package, depending on what it is and why it is being returned, including;
U.S. Postal Service: They provide you with a postage-paid mailing label to return the package and give it to your postman or take it to your local post office.
- Any Carrier: Amazon provides you with a return shipping address, and you provide and pay for your own mailing label using the carrier of your choice.
If you choose to use a courier service, make sure you obtain proof of postage and choose a tracked courier service so you can follow the package until it is shipped back to Amazon. Book a courier service here.
Prepare your package for return
To prepare the package you should insert any paperwork included when you request a return and use a sturdy box with internal padding surrounding your item inside such as bubble wrap, packaging chips or newspaper and then make sure the label is stuck to the outside of the box so it can't come off in transit.