Shipping a Wedding Dress
Try our shipping calculator
Shipping a wedding dress domestically in the US or internationally is a straightforward process and thanks to Parcel Monkey, it’s easy to find reliable shipping companies and low-cost delivery prices using our shipping calculator.
Book fully tracked shipping services with USPS, DHL and more to ship wedding dresses safely and quickly at discounted rates.
How to ship a wedding dress
Whether you’re a wedding dress retailer with an international customer, or you’ve sold your own wedding dress online, here are some simple steps to ensure your dress arrives quickly and safely:
- Something as valuable as a wedding dress needs to be packed correctly, so you should consider purchasing a wedding dress shipping box. It’s advisable to put the dress in a plastic bag before it’s folded and put inside the shipping box, this will protect it in the unlikely event that the box gets wet.
- As per our packaging guide, we always recommend to double box, so find a box which is just bigger than the wedding dress box and use this as the external packaging. Secure all folds and reinforce corners with packing tape.
- Weigh your fully packaged box (lbs) and measure the height, length and width (inches). These are the details you’ll need to enter into our shipping calculator to get an accurate quote. It is best to overestimate the weight to avoid any additional weight charges.
- Think about how quickly you need the dress to arrive. When you get a quote with Parcel Monkey, you’ll be able to compare transit times and prices all in one place. We’d always recommend an express courier service for a wedding dress to limit the time it spends in transit.
- Choose a service that includes full tracking and a signature on delivery. This will give you peace of mind throughout the transit.
- Consider protection cover. Most of our discounted delivery services include protection cover up to a certain amount, with the option of extending this if necessary.
How much does it cost to ship a wedding dress?
The cost to ship a wedding dress depends on a number of factors, including where you’re shipping to, the size and weight of the box and the required transit time.
International deliveries will cost more than domestic deliveries and an economy service with a longer transit time will be cheaper than an expedited service. To find the best way to ship a wedding dress at an affordable price, get a quote and compare prices with Parcel Monkey.
Choosing a courier to ship a wedding dress
We offer a comprehensive range of discounted package delivery services through our trusted courier partners, so you can be sure to find a service that suits your needs and budget. Here are a few of our courier services to consider when shipping a wedding dress in the US or internationally.
Courier services for shipping a wedding dress in the US
One of the quickest and cheapest ways to ship a wedding dress in the US is using our own-brand Standard Overnight Drop Off service. Simply print and attach your shipping labels at home then drop off your parcel at your local FedEx store for fully tracked delivery in 1-2 business days.
USPS Priority Domestic is also a cost-effective option with fully tracked delivery in 1-3 business days.
Courier services for shipping a wedding dress internationally
If you need to ship a wedding dress outside the US, our discounted courier services can help you ship to over 240 destinations worldwide at an affordable price.
DHL Express International is the quickest way to send a wedding dress to an international location, with delivery times from the US to most major destination in 1-6 business days.
Looking for cheap express delivery?
Express services do come at a more premium price, so to reduce your delivery costs, consider booking a package drop-off where possible. Our own-brand International Priority Drop Off service offers excellent value and delivers to major destinations in Europe in just 1-3 business days.