Shipping to India
If you have a package to send to India from the USA, you can find the cheapest way to ship to India with Parcel Monkey.
Using our shipping calculator, you won’t need to spend time shopping around for the best price. We’ll quickly show you shipping costs to India from multiple international carriers, so you can compare prices and book a fully tracked courier to India at an affordable rate.
Cheapest way to ship to India from the US
Whether you’re shipping to a family member in Mumbai or you’re a small business looking to send a package to a customer in New Delhi, Parcel Monkey can help you book a cheap courier from the USA to India in 6 simple steps:
- Package your item
- Weigh (lbs.) and measure your package (L x W x H inch)
- Enter the dimensions/weight of your package into our shipping calculator
- Give a description and value for the item you’re shipping
- Complete the address for where you’re sending from and to
- Get a quote
Shipping cost to India
The cost of sending a parcel to India varies depending on the size of your package and how quickly it needs to reach its destination, but our discounted courier rates are some of the cheapest on the internet.
There are some example costs for shipping to India from the USA at the top of this page, but for an accurate quote, please enter the dimensions and weight of your package into our shipping calculator and in seconds you’ll see discounted prices from big brand couriers like DHL, USPS and FedEx.
USPS shipping to India
If you would rather send your package via USPS, you can benefit from discounted USPS shipping rates to India by booking online with Parcel Monkey.
Our low-cost USPS USA to India services include USPS Priority Mail International, USPS Priority Mail Express and USPS Economy Tracked. Simply book online though our shipping calculator, print off your shipping labels and attach them to your package, then drop it off at your local USPS store.
You’ll get the same great USPS service, you’ll just pay less than if you went to the Post Office.
Courier to India from the USA
Here are a few examples of our cheap courier services from the USA to India:
Economy shipping to India
- Parcel Monkey International Drop-Off is one of the cheapest ways to ship to India from the USA. This service is operated by FedEx and offers delivery to India in 2-5 business days for packages up to 99lbs.
- DHL eCommerce provides cheap shipping to India for light packets. As a tracked mail service, the final delivery is made by the local postal system, which means transit times are longer than a standard courier service. Estimated delivery time to India from the US is 11-22 business days.
Expedited shipping to India
- Parcel Monkey International Priority Drop-Off offers the fastest delivery time to India from the US, in just 1-3 business days for packages up to 99lbs. This service is operated by FedEx and for a small extra cost can be booked as a courier pick-up.
- DHL Express International offers delivery to India in 1-6 business days for packages up to 154lbs. With the option of extended protection cover up to $1000, this premium service is ideal for higher-value goods.
*Delivery times are estimates provided to us by our carrier partners and based on major locations only. More remote areas could take a day or two longer.
Sending a package to India – customs advice
If you send a package to India from the US you will be required to provide a customs declaration form, but we'll help you complete this as part of the booking process.
We’ll ask you the relevant questions, then provide you with a customs form that you can print and attach to your package.
Unless your item is exempt from customs fees, you will be required to pay duty on items you send to India. All items sent via Parcel Monkey are Delivered Duty Unpaid (DDU), which means the recipient will be contacted by customs to pay any duty owed. See our customs advice page for more information.
Customs duty on gifts to India
If you’re sending a gift to India, gifts of up to Rs 5,000 intended for personal use are exempt from customs duties.
The Government has been considering removing the duty exemption for gifts, due to some online retailers misusing it for duty-free imports to India, but currently, if you’re sending a gift to someone living in India that's valued at Rs 5000 or less, it’s duty-free.
India - import tax
Some items do not require any additional import tax. For defective items that are shipped to India for repair, there is no import duty required.
India also gives a pass to shipments that are for theatrical productions, filmmaking and mountaineering expeditions. Some engineering prototypes and commercial samples can also be sent without paying duty tax.