Shipping packages internationally to Italy
When it comes to shipping from the US to italy, we have a selection of courier services to match every time frame and budget. Shipping a package to Italy through the Parcel Monkey Marketplace is as simple as placing an order online, printing out your label and handing over to the courier. You can select one of a wide range of couriers to book international shipping with based on your budget or the delivery time frame you wish to opt for, all in one place. Shipping times vary depending on what type of courier service you book, whether you go for cost effective parcel delivery, or speedy expedited couriers.
If need an Express delivery service our USA Express International service could be the courier service for you as delivery is made in just 2-5 days. FedEx will come and collect your package and DHL will deliver it in Italy to your recipient. As with all Parcel Monkey services, you can track it using the shipment number beginning with PMS and share this with the recipient too. If you prefer you can also now book this as a Drop Off service and drop your package into a local FedEx store.
DHL Express services are also available to book with DHL sending a courier to pick up your package and they then transport the package to Italy. Parcel Monkey International Drop Off is another opular choice as your package is handled by FedEx to delivery in Italy.
USPS to Italy Service
USPS services are very popular with Americans as they have so many Post Offices across the country, so you can pre book a USPS service using our shipping calculator and then drop off your package with the label attached at your local Post Office. The Priority Mail service is delivered in 6-10 days or you choose the quicker Express option.
Cheapest way to ship to Italy
If keeping shipping costs down is the most important thing to you when it comes to shipping packages we offer low cost tracked mail service. Transit times are slower but if you need cheap cross border delivery then the prices are very competitive.
- DHL eCommerce - tracked mail delivery to Italy, book online print the shipping labels and drop into local USPS Post Office
- TrakPak - pick up carried out by FedEx and transported to Italy using a mail service
- GEPS Lightpacket - ideal for small items, FedEx pick up from your home and your package is sent to Italy in 4-12 days
Italy online shoping and eCommerce information
Italy is home to over 58 million people, with Rome being the capital city, having the biggest population of over 2.6 million. Located in sunny southern Europe, it has a modern infrastructure, alongside its endless wonderful historical features, meaning delivering there is no issue for the major carriers we offer on our cross border shipping marketplace. With 30 major airports and 43 sea ports there is a abundance of parcels being shipped in and out of the country. Many customers who use our shipping calculator to compare various international delivery options are looking to send gifts and presents to family to places such as Milan, Naples and Turin.
- eCommerce retail accounts for large volumes of packages as well, with 60% of Italians using the internet on a regular basis, online sales in the sector in 2015 were valued at €16.5 billion.
- Italy is one of the fastest growing eCommerce markets, and it is estimated it will be worth 19.3 billion euros by 2017.
- Italy is a stylish and fashionable country, and this too is reflected in eCommerce, with the online fashion industry worth €1.8 billion alone.
- Italians tend to buy fashion and accessories online, so again this influences the type of goods they may be looking to have shipped.
- The top five countries Italy imports from are Germany: 14.7%, France: 8.4%, China: 8.4%, Russia: 6.4% and the Netherlands: 5.9%.
- The Italian economy is ranked as third biggest in the Eurozone and eighth largest in the world, and it continues to thrive as a popular destination for tourists.
- The diverse population may be another factor in why people may be looking to ship to Italy, as the country has 4.9 million foreign residents.