How to Ship Books
Try our shipping calculator
Shipping a book is quite simple, providing it is packaged correctly to protect it from damage, but if you’re sending multiple books it can get expensive, especially if you’re shipping books overseas from the US.
The cheapest way to ship books
The cost to ship books varies, depending on the final size and weight of your package and the destination, however, if you’re shipping a large box of books in the US, our domestic ground shipping prices are some of the cheapest available for shipping heavy boxes across states.
We can help you find cheap prices for sending boxes up to 152lbs in the US and 100lbs internationally. Simply enter the weight and dimensions of your box into our shipping calculator for an instant price.
It’s completely free to use our shipping calculator and you don’t even need to register to get a price.
How to ship books
Follow these five simple steps to ship books in the US and overseas.
- Firstly, you’ll need suitable packaging. If it’s one book, a padded envelope may be sufficient, with additional padding inside, however, for multiple books you’ll need a sturdy cardboard box.
- Wrap books in bubble wrap and seal with tape, paying particular attention to the corners. Bubble wrap will not only offer protection against knocks and bangs during transit, but it will also help protect your book from water damage in the unlikely event that the box or envelope gets wet.
- Put the bubble-wrapped book/s inside the padded envelope or box and fill any spaces with packing peanuts.
- Seal the box or padded envelope with parcel tape. If you’re recycling a used box or envelope, ensure you remove any old labels from the outside.
- Weigh and measure your package then get a quote with Parcel Monkey and choose the best price or service for your needs.
Shipping books internationally
Shipping books overseas? No problem, you can get a price right here with Parcel Monkey. Just follow our packaging instructions above and enter the destination, along with the weight and dimensions of your parcel into our shipping calculator. We'll even help you complete any customs documentation as part of the booking process. See our customs advice for further information.
We can help you ship to over 240 destinations worldwide, however, please note that some international destinations, such as China, have import restrictions on books. Before you ship, always check with the customs authority for the country you’re shipping to and check our prohibited and restricted items list, provided by our carrier partners.