Book shipping for multiple packages with the Parcel Monkey CSV uploader
Bulk uploading multiple orders via CSV can save you a lot of time when you have a number of packages to ship. Rather than inputting the details of each package individually you can do this in bulk to make fulfilling your orders nice and simple.
The process of bulk uploading via CSV is common practice in the world of eCommerce as it is quickest and most efficient way of processing orders.
How to get started
Getting shipping quotes and uploading orders via CSV to Parcel Monkey is FREE - you only pay for the shipping services that you buy. Upload a CSV of orders to see how much money you could save with Parcel Monkey.
- Sign in or register
- Update your Account profile settings to ensure your phone number and export settings (if shipping internationally) are correct
- Ensure you have a default collection address (otherwise you will need to put this in every row of your CSV)
- Upload a CSV with all of your shipment data in (dimensions, weight, destination, that kind of thing!). Take a look at our CSV spec for more info, or download a sample template.
- Book shipping labels for your orders in draft shipments.
Remember - we give you complete control so you can edit the results - such as change the courier service you would like to book or remove an order if no longer required.
- Add protection cover, if necessary, to your shipments if they are high value.
- You can upload your CSV in two formats - 'Parcel Monkey format' (download a sample template) or as an exported CSV of your Shopify orders.
- Make sure that the weight and dimensions of your parcels are correct. Otherwise, you may incur additional charges. More info.
- When shipping internationally ensure you carefully fill in any customs forms and attach them to your parcel when provided.
What is a CSV file?
A CSV is simply a file where different lines of information are separated by a comma, hence the name Comma Separated Values. CSV files that contain details used in shipping eCommerce items such as addresses, product information and more can be uploaded as quickly as possible using this type of file, as they are much smaller than a standard database file.
Using the Parcel Monkey CSV template
Most eCommerce sites can provide you with a template so that you collate all the data they need to provide you with the service you want. We are no different and have a Parcel Monkey template you can use to collate all of your information onto the template so that we can get you the best shipping rates based on where you are shipping to, what you are shipping as well as the size and weight of each package.
There is a full overview of what to put in each column and why here.
Using the Parcel Monkey template will mean less time fixing any errors that may be returned by our shipping calculator based on the information you provide, meaning you can quickly check out your shipments and get them sent.
What happens when I upload my CSV to Parcel Monkey?
When you upload a CSV file all of your buyer details and item specifics will be pulled into our shipping calculator to figure out the best shipping rates for all of your packages.
Benefits of CSV uploaders
Save time - import hundreds of shipments and get instant shipping rates
Save money - huge discounts on a range of courier services
Access to a variety of courier services through our shipping marketplace
International reach using cross-border delivery services
Tracked delivery and extended liability options available to add
Keep track of all your shipping in one place
If you operate an eCommerce business you will know how valuable time is so any time-saving tool is worth its weight in gold. By uploading a CSV file containing all of your orders to Parcel Monkey you will be able to review the shipping options that are most cost-effective and add them to your basket.
You don't need to pay any sign-up fees, monthly costs or hidden charges, you simply pay the cost of shipping each package to the recipient.
Important Information about addresses
Before using our bulk shipping tools, check your address details in your account. This can speed up the process of making a CSV file as we can use your default address as the collection address - thus saving you time in having to complete that section of the spreadsheet.
Also, check you are happy with your contact number and all of your other details on My Account, as this can too save you time when you upload a CSV file.