Shipping to Canada
If you need to send a package to Canada, you can find the cheapest way to ship from the US to Canada right here with Parcel Monkey.
Using our shipping calculator, you’ll be able to compare shipping costs to Canada from multiple international carriers and book a fully tracked courier service to ship your package to Canada for the lowest price.
Cheapest way to ship to Canada
No one wants to pay more than they need to, but keeping delivery costs to a minimum is sometimes essential, especially for small businesses and online sellers.
Parcel Monkey can help you find the cheapest way to ship to Canada in 6 simple steps:
- Package your item
- Weigh (lbs.) and measure your package (L x W x H inch)
- Enter the dimensions/weight of your package into our shipping calculator
- Give a description and value for the item you’re shipping
- Complete the address for where you’re sending from and to
- Get a quote
How much is shipping to Canada?
The shipping cost to Canada varies, depending on the size of your package and how quickly you want it to get there, but Parcel Monkey offers some of the cheapest rates available. We regularly review our prices and our discounted shipping rates to Canada are cheaper than if you booked directly with a courier company or if you sent your package via the Post Office.
There are some example costs for shipping to Canada at the top of this page, but for an accurate price, please enter the dimensions and weight of your package into our shipping calculator for an instant quote.
USPS shipping to Canada
If you would prefer to mail to Canada with USPS, you can book discounted USPS services online with Parcel Monkey.
Our shipping calculator is the ideal tool to reduce the cost of postage from the US to Canada. If you’re mailing a package to Canada, book USPS Priority Mail International or USPS Priority Mail Express International with Parcel Monkey and you’ll pay less than you would at the Post Office. Simply print off your shipping labels and attach them to your package, then drop it off at your local USPS store.
Courier to Canada – delivery times
Here are a few examples of the courier services we offer to Canada:
Economy shipping to Canada
- Parcel Monkey Ground Pick-Up is one of the cheapest ways to ship to Canada from the US and is ideal for medium to large packages (up to 152lbs). This service is operated by FedEx and includes a courier collection from your home or work address and fully tracked delivery to Canada in 3-7 business days.
- Parcel Monkey International Drop-Off offers the quickest delivery time out of our economy shipping services to Canada, with delivery in just 2-5 business days for packages up to 99lbs. This service is operated by FedEx, so you can drop off your parcel at your local FedEx store.
- Light Packet is our economy shipping service for packages up to 4lbs. Offering delivery to Canada in 10-16 business days, this is a cost-effective option for lightweight, non-urgent deliveries.
Expedited shipping to Canada
- Parcel Monkey International Priority Pick-Up offers the fastest delivery time to Canada, in just 1-3 business days for packages up to 99lbs. This service is operated by FedEx and includes a free courier pick-up from your home or business address.
- DHL Express International offers delivery to Canada in 1-6 business days for packages up to 154lbs. With the option of extended protection cover up to $1000, this premium service is ideal for higher-value goods.
*Delivery times are estimates provided to us by our carrier partners and based on major locations only. More remote areas could take a day or two longer.
Sending a package to Canada – customs advice
When you send a package to Canada from the US you will be required to complete a customs declaration form, but don’t worry because when you ship to Canada with Parcel Monkey, this is all taken care of as part of the booking process.
We’ll ask you the relevant questions, then provide you with a customs declaration form that you can print and attach to your package. See our customs advice page for more information.
Do I have to pay duty on items shipped from the USA to Canada?
Any item sent via courier or mail to Canada may be subject to Goods and Services Tax (GST) and/or duty. The Canada Border Services Agency calculates taxes based on the value of the item being shipped, the type of goods and the country of export. Depending on the goods, other taxes could also apply, including excise tax on luxury goods.
You do not have to pay GST on the following goods that are imported into Canada:
- goods worth CAN$20 or less
- gifts from family members or friends who live abroad when the worth is CAN$60 or less.
Importing to Canada – restricted items
When you send a package to Canada it’s important to be aware of any items which are prohibited or restricted for import to Canada.
Prohibited items are goods which cannot be sent under any circumstances, mainly illegal or dangerous goods. However, restricted items are goods which can be imported, but have restrictions associated with them. For example, there are strict laws around importing food plant and animal products to Canada. You can find more detailed information about what food products can be imported to Canada from the US here.
Other restricted items include drugs and health products, firearms, fireworks and ammunition, steel, precious metal, rough diamonds and second-hand mattresses. For more information on items restricted from import to Canada, the CBSA website is a really good source of information.
Before you send your package, please also check the Parcel Monkey prohibited and restricted items list. This is a list of items our carriers have prohibited or put restrictions on.